05 January 2009

01.05.09


010509, originally uploaded by bataleigh.

First day back at work after the break and my first day on first shift. Daylight...not my friend...I nearly overslept and just grabbed what I could to get ready for work. I got this jacket from Mum and Dad for Christmas and love it! I too this pic after I got home form work and I realize now I look a little worse for the wear. Running on 4 hours of sleep will do that I suppose. >.<

Black jacket- Gift from Mum
Teal LS tee- LB
Wide leg denim trousers- LB
Red MJs- Sanitas
Fluffybutt-Mr. Bowen



It's that time of the year when everyone asks about Resolutions. I got asked that at least 4 times at work today and I hadn't actually thought about it. It's probably the first year in more than I care to count that I haven't automatically said "Lose weight". After giving it some thought I decided my resolution this year is to be careful who I trust (especially at work) and cultivate the friendships I know not to be detrimental to my well-being. A lot of times I trust far too easily, openly, blindly and in the end that is not always a good thing. A lot of things that happened last year really opened my eyes up to that. I think of myself as pretty cynical but in reality I'm only half as cynical as I make out to be. I need to toughen up my barriers on a lot of fronts. As for losing weight? Well...that's just a given but I'm not going to beat myself up over it any longer. Things will start happening soon that will aid me in this endeavor and my health will improve because of it. I realize I'll never be a size 6 or 8. I'd be lam blasted at a 14 or...dare-I-say-it...a size 12. BUT I'll not be analyzing and criticizing myself on a daily basis looking for marked weight loss. As long as I don't gain I'm happy.
Simple Resolutions for 2009:
1. Be more cautious in who I trust.
2. Get finances in order. (Ha!)
3. Start dancing again.
4. Start walking my dogs as many days a week as possible. (This will depend on weather, class work and arthritis pain.)
5. Get the house organized. (HaHa!)
6. Get B's or better in both my courses this term.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Those are all good goals. I used to always say "lose weight" but then I felt like such a loser (and not in a good way) when I failed. Then I made goals that I knew I'd be able to keep: ones that were concrete and doable. My favourite was "Look after my feet." Man, I had the best-looking feet all year.

Great jacket! I hear ya on the after-work pictures. All of mine are done after I've walked 40+ minutes home in whatever weather there is.

Leigh-Anna said...

Yes, I think concrete and doable goals are much healthier to make. I should probably add "Look after my feet" to my list now that you mention it...mine could be used to sand wood, I swear. Ugh!

Once I get into the swing of this first-shift thing, my goal is to take morning pictures before I go to work and get all bedraggled. Your pictures always look great, no matter the weather!