30 December 2008

*blink*

I had an excellent Christmas/Yule, despite waking up on Christmas Eve sick. I muddled through the holidays and went to the doctor yesterday and found out I have yet another sinus infection coupled with a respiratory infection. Bollocks. So, I'm on another round of antibiotics and Mucinex is my new bestest friend.
Besides the illness, I got loads of fantastic stuff from all my favorite people. The boy got me Left4Dead, which we've been playing together and a Japanese language program for my DS. I'm excited about learning Japanese! My brother got me a gorgeous Barbie. (I'm a Barbie collector >.> What of it?) Mum and Dad paid for my chest tattoo and got me loads of new scarves (YAY!), a collector's set of Star Trek Barbies (!!!), some new leggings, a gorgeous green Nine West Shirt and a rich purple blazer. Oh, and a cute bag with my initials embroidered on it. I'm probably forgetting something...it was a big box full of goodies! My Mum-in-law got me a gorgeous Tiffany-style lamp with Lilies and dragonflies (<3) and the extended family gave us gift cards galore and I got a gift certificate to get a pedicure, which is badly needed! My grandparents-in-law (Is that the proper terminology?) gifted me a gorgeous fuzzy warm house coat, which I have been putting to good use while I've been sick. I also got a big fuzzy warm throw from my cousin and his wife. Mmmmm...warm fuzzy things to keep me toasty. Now I just need some house shoes. Freyja chewed my last pair to pieces >.<
All in all this has been a good holiday so far. We'll probably stay in for New Year's Eve since I'm all sickly, which is fine by me.
Oh, and no wardrobe pictures because I didn't think the world needed to see my robe-sleepy pants-tshirt combos for days on end. I did dress up for Christmas at my Grandmother's house but I was too busy to get a picture. I go back to work next week on first shift {hooray!} so the wardrobe documentation will begin anew then!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Happy Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

Sorry to hear you're sick - get better soon - but sounds like you got spoiled nicely. :) Looking forward to seeing your new clothing and accessories!

FYI - I'll be doing a rundown of some of my favourite blogs...and you'll be on there.

Leigh-Anna said...

Thanks Sheila, I'm feeling better already! :D Ah, the wonders of modern medicine.
I'm looking forward to working some of my new pieces too, especially the purple blazer.
And thanks for the mention! I really appreciate it ^_^