23 January 2009

Some things I love




As I was getting ready this morning, I realized there are a lot of products I use on a daily basis that I just love. So, I thought I'd throw together a list of things that keep me feeling presentable and maybe just plain pretty sometimes. ^_^

1. Organix Shampoo and Conditioner (Shea Butter formula)- The smell and the feel of my hair when I use these makes me so happy. Plus they're organic and free of sulfides so theyr'e better for me and the environment!

2. Mary Kay TimeWise 3-in-1 Facial Scrub and Lotion- The one set of products I've found that I'm not allergic to and they make my skin look great! Fewer breakouts, more even tones, smoother complexion...etc. Plus a bottle lasts me forever (4-5 months on average with daily use). It's pricier than everything else I've tried BUT it works better and by the time I buy 2 or 3 tubes of stuff that makes me itchy I could pay for one tube of something that works! <3 MK

3. Mary Kay TimeWise Day and Night Solutions- Last year I noticed the beginnings of crow's feet around my eyes and laugh lines around my mouth. I panicked...I was only 26! Ack! I joke about feeling old (because my body is in such bad shape) but to have visible evidence ON MY FACE? OMG NO! So, I talked to my MK consultant and she recommended this set of serums that work to undo all the crap your face goes through during the day. The daytime " Think of it as a veil of defense. With an SPF of 25, this innovative product helps prevent lines and discoloration before they occur by blocking damaging UVA/UVB rays. A calming peptide helps relax expression lines." (MaryKay.com) The nighttime formula is "A unique delivery system of encapsulated vitamins and antioxidants combined with collagen-enhancing peptides help fade away deep lines and wrinkles. Nutribeads® microcapsules are vitamin-packed. Rest assured your skin is being revitalized while you sleep." And I think they work! Those early-onset crow's feet are receding and the laugh lines are only there when I laugh! Take that old age!

4. Nexxus Headress Leave-in Conditioner- This stuff makes me love my hair. It's not only a leave-in conditioner, it heps your hair retain styling with heat tools (hair dryers, flat irons, curling irons, etc.) So, I don't have to put extra crap in my hair, always a bonus since I seem to be allergic to everything coming and going like gel, hair spray, mousse...either my face breaks out or my scalp breaks out. But this leav-in conditioner allows me to heat style my hair and go without extra crap and it leave my hair feeling smooth and silky while keeping it protected.

5. Almay Triple Effects Mascara- One of the few non-MK cosmetics I use. (I've not had luck with MK's mascaras as of yet...I've one more to try and it's on order.) Almay's products are known for their 'hypoallergenic' qualities and this is no exception. It curls, lengthens and volumizes my long-but-blonde lashes. It doesn't irritate my eyes since it's not waterproof, which I've found to be one culprit of my eye irritation woes. It does what it says- it makes my lashes appear long, thick and curled.

6. Mary Kay Eye Primer- I won't wear eye makeup without it. It really does the trick keeping shadows in place through the day (or night). It also helps weaker pigmented shadows go on smoother.

7. Vidal Sassoon Ceramic Ionic Hair Dryer- I don't know how I ever dried my hair without this thing. Before I lopped off all my hair and before I got this wonderful thing it would take me up to 30 minutes to get my hair mostly dry. Now with my shirter hair and the ionic beast- 8-10 minutes and it's fully dry. YES!!!! It's also great for styling too. <3 <3 <3

8. Burt's Bees Pomegranate Lip Balm- I'm a sucker for anything pomegranate. It's my second favorite lip balm (after my own homemade formula) and my favorite tube balm.

9. Mary Kay Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover- Again, I'm not allergic to it and it does it's job very well.

No comments: