03 December 2008

12.03.08



What I wore out with Mum before work.We were going to the local antique mall to pick up some things she'd found yesterday. They were definitely 2-person purchases! She bought me a great cabinet to put in the kitchen and a nice filing cabinet for herself.

Skull thermal top: Gift
Red camisole: LB
Dark rinse, wide leg, high waist denim trousers: LB (clearance racks)
Platform Maryjane Sneakers: Volatile <3



And to work:

My boss has a no-jeans policy so I can only sneak and wear my denim trousers once a week. She's leaving on vacation tomorrow though...

Skull thermal top: Gift
Red camisole: LB
Black pants: LB
Cardigan: George
Maryjanes: Cato

So, outfit blogging...I've been watching a reading numerous fashion blogs for a few months now and decided to give it a try myself. After struggling with body dysmorphia most of my life (or as long as I can remember), I'm forcing myself to look at pictures of said body almost every day (that I have time to snap pictures). So far that nagging little voice in my head (you know, the one who screams about guts and butts and saddlebags and thunder thighs) has been easy enough to quell. I'm looking for the positive. I'm becoming more conscious of my appearance and finding out what looks good on me and what needs...adjustment. And posting it on my blog and fashion Flickr groups? That's my way of forcing myself to realize "This is me, take it or leave it." The feedback has been great too and flipping through Fatshionista and Wardrobe remix has opened me up to lots of new ideas that I'd never have tried before.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Your top photo says "unavailable".

I think you look great - and I'm not just saying that. I've struggled with body dysmorphia for most of my life. I kept on gaining weight (I have shopped at LB, girlfriend), but eventually, I started to like ME, not just my body.

Taking photos of myself every day has really forced me to see what I really look like.

Heh, I only shop off sale racks!

Leigh-Anna said...

Thank you Sheila! My weight has been a roller coaster for a good part of my life and I've finally decided I need to be happy with myself no matter what size I am. You're exactly right about liking ME and not just my body and hopefully I can learn to do that a little at a time.

If it's not off a sales rack, I must have a coupon or I don't buy it!