06 November 2008

Playing catch up

I’m officially married now. I don’t think it’s sunk in completely yet. I’m still reeling from the weekend I think. Everything was just kind of a blur. Thank the gods for pictures! It was beautiful and everything I’d hoped for.

I chopped off all my hair. It’s nice, I like the cut but I feel a little naked without all the length. I have to remember not to use a handful of shampoo and conditioner anymore and I don’t have to pull the bulk out from under shirts and jackets. I’m also blonde now too. Big change there, trying to get back to my “natural color”. It’s is SO tempting to dye it lavender…must resist temptation…

I started Abilify today to help with the stress and depression I’ve been trying to overcome. Only minor side effects thus far. A little trouble swallowing and I feel high. Having a cold doesn’t help that much I’m sure. So I’m a mouth-breather for the time being and I have an overwhelming urge to go home and watch cartoons in my pajamas. But I cannot. Responsibility calls, no…it walks up and slaps me in the face. This being a grown-up business is bullshit. I really wish I could go home. Being high at work is not cool. It’s the polar opposite of cool. Argh!

Our former foster puppy, Lily, was put to sleep Tuesday. She was attacked by coyotes and they did irreparable damage to her. She was such a sweet thing but at least I know she’s at peace now and not suffering. Emily, our friend and the rescue organizer, was very upset about the whole ordeal (of course) and I tried to comfort her via text message as much as I could. It is such a tragedy. It is just horrible to lose such a sweet little puppy (only 6 months old) in such a terrible monstrous way. Requiescat in Pace LilyBug.

In better news(?), I’m finally starting on my wood carving project today! I have some pieces of purpleheart, padauk, pink ivory, Indian ebony, and redheart to play around with. I’m hoping to create a bracelet and a couple of pendants for a cohesive series.

No comments: