01 August 2009

Long TIme No Art...

I've been so busy with work the past few months that I haven't taken time out to make art. This...is bad. I discovered that it makes me kinda sick in a way. Bad stuff. So, I've started working on my shrinky-dink jewelry when I have time and it's given me a great outlet and I'm pleased with the results. My latest batch is now finished and uploaded on DeviantArt and I'm taking them down to the tattoo studio today to put in the sale case.
I started a new job officially this week. I'm now a school technology coordinator at an elementary school in the city just north of us. I'm very excited about this and it will give me more time to create and work on art. The downside is I don't get to see my husband much through the week as our schedules are opposite each other. Things will work out somehow though.


2 comments:

Deborah-lee said...

Oh such a clever idea!

I actually wanted to do shrinkies with my younger classes and make key rings for Father's Day (well umm Male Appreciation Day really, since many of my students don't have Dads on the scene).

We have the same job. I teach Technology from kindy to Grade 6. I used to think I'd have plenty of times for checking my emails etc. Not a hope in heck with my bunch though. This is the first year they've ever done technology and they need loads of help.

Leigh-Anna said...

Shrinky-Dinks would be so much fun for kids! I know how much fun I have watching them shrink!

It's awesome to meet someone with the same job! ^_^
Yeah, my school is a little behind tech-wise but we're catching up, slowly but surely. I run pretty much constantly from the time I leave cafeteria duty in the morning until I walk out the door well after dismissal.