02 September 2008

We survived!

Mum and I survived our surgeries just fine. She has 6 incisions and 22+ staples. I came away with a 2 inch half-circle scar just off center from my sternum. (tattoo designs in the works...) No staples or stitches, just Steri-strips. I'm at work today and it's been a struggle not to walk around cradling my breast like I have been at home. I've a rather nasty bruise that aches down to the bone and in my arm pit and my whole arm is acting funny (tingly, weak), as expected. I slept 17 hours yesterday thanks to vicodin.

Mum is adjusting to her new diet or lack thereof. Protein drinks and lots of water. She's on pureed food now, a couple of weeks before solids. She's so happy though and it's contagious. I'm happy for her and hope she can move forward with her life now, slowly but steadily.

We're learning to make roman chain and granulation/fusing. I'm going to make a sweater chain I think. We've to make 2 pieces for the granulation project and a length of chain so I'm going to combine the two and make something I've wanted for years now.
I'm making a half-mask for my first sculpture project (casting in bronze). Rather excited about that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Robert Fraser and i would like to show you my personal experience with Vicodin.

I am 27 years old. Have been on Vicodin for 1 day now. Found a few pills. I'm currently not an addict though I have taken vicodin in the past and I am certainly playing with the devil because I do like the feeling it gives me. Biggest problem, besides the addiction, is Insomnia. Tossed and turned for two hours before I decided to research it.

I have experienced some of these side effects -
Constipation and insomnia.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Robert Fraser

Vicodin Prescription Information